Three record rainfall amounts here in the Miami Valley put us 9.25″ over average for the year.
The enclosed rain gauge reading was from a one day rain on June 22, 2017, which was the first day of summer.
The crabgrass pre-emergent we applied back in March and April have only a 90 day residual working time. Start looking for breakthrough during August knowing that the crabgrass will die a natural death in October.
- Disease, disease, disease everywhere.
- Red thread on all of the fine Fescue turf.
- Dollar Spot on all of the bluegrass lawns.
- Brown patch on all of the newer tall fescue lawns (see photo above).
- While none of these diseases poses any permanent threat, they are unsightly.
- When the soils and thatch layer dries out, the disease organisms die.